Thursday, January 30, 2014

FAMILY NEWSPAPER, THE TREASURE OF MY FAMILY




The family news paper "Hahnnaeum Hahnkajok (한마음 한가족)" is the treaure and history of my family. It might seem to be small and unimportant to others, but it is the precious item that you cannot put a price on to my family. It's the greatest assets of my family. Its title "Hahnnaeum Hahnkajok (한마음 한가족)" in Korean means  "My family with the one mind and same goals for happiness." All about my family, that is, our history and our spiritual maturity are included in it.

I began to make family newspaper in1996 when my son was in 1st grade of elementary school in Korea. Actually it was my son's assignment during summer vacation. We were togather and we enjoyed making it. The publisher was Father, my husband, and the editor was Mother, me. Both of my children were the reporters. While doing it, we felt deep understanding and great love between us. The relationship among the family became stronger and stronger. It was made twice every year until we decided to immigrate to the U.S. my son was in 5th grade.

When I came to the U.S., I brought those newspapers which had been made until then even if I left most of householders in my country. I also brought my children's journals which had been collected since they began to write it.

Unfortunatelymy family couldn't keep on making family newspaper since we came to the U.S. because we must first of all get accustomed to the different culture and life style from ours. As soon as my family settle down in this country well, in other words we can live without any trouble, I will make it again in English version. The more we make it, the better and stronger our English abilities and power of thinking become.




I want to give family newspaper to my children when they are grown up and have their own families. I hope my children will make it with their children even without their parents. It will be made and kept by my descendents forever and ever. It will be continued from generation to generation. That's my dream. (2002)







   ,

No comments:

Post a Comment