Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ESCAPE FROM THE DAILY LIFE

 
 
 
 


I made an overnight trip to Solvang with my dear daughter, Han Na, during her spring break. That trip was not luxurious but good enough for both her and I.

Actually there was very little to do in there because it was a small Danish style city. Although just half the day was enough to look around the city, everything was great. Seeing the beautiful scenes through the car window, feeling the cool breeze on our faces, breathing the sweet smell of the flowers on the side walk, walking in the exotic streets of Solvang, endless chatting, stopping by the souvenir stores and rarely buying cheap things...  More than all, I was thrilled to be with my dear HanNa. That was the first time together, just HanNa and I.

Even though I've been in Solvang several times, I felt totally free and the most exultant feelings of happiness. I am sure Han Na felt the same way.

We all dream of breaking away from the routine of daily life. Finally our dreams came true.


I learned from this trip that I should be grateful for what I have and grateful for the simple things. This simple and plain trip will stay with us as a happy memory.  (Apr., 2014)




 
 
ABVI/Svendsgaard's Lodge
 


The Souvenir Stores




The City of Lompoc

Lunch at the Italian Restaurant in Santa Barbara



Santa Barbara Botanic Garden




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment