Thursday, February 6, 2014

THE EPISODE OF CHILDHOOD - Creative Story(Based on a Picture)





 
It was early spring.
We, naughty boys were late for school in that morning. When we entered through the school gate, all of us were panting and out of breath after running. Mr.Lucas, who seemed to have been waiting for us by the gate, beckoned his hand to us to come nearer. Then he let us stand leaning against the wall without a word.
    “It’s not fair! We really are a bit later.”
I said to myself. But I noticed in a moment that Mr. Lucas' impassive face looked different than normal, so I could not help keeping my mouth shut and shrugging my shoulders.

Actually, we found a frog in the roadside grass on our way to school. We were glad to meet the frog and caught it barely. We looked over it with curiosity for a while. When we saw what time it was, we were late for school already. We began to come around realized what we had done. We ran and ran as fast as we could.

When we were leaning against the wall, we heard some noisy from the classroom through the open door. Just at that moment, Allen standing with his hands in the pockets dropped something on the floor.
     “What’s that? ”                                                                             
Oh, my goodness! That was the frog, which we caught a little while ago. The frog was sat still in front of us. I was about to laugh then, but I bore and forbore with it.

Mr. Lucas was staring down the frog for a while. At last he broke his silence and told us.
    “Today is my last day in this school. I have to transfer to another school in the country tomorrow. Thank you for the days in this school. Please don’t be late for the class from now on.” 

All of a sudden Derek folding his arms began to sob. I felt like crying, too. Mr. Lucas stroked our heads in turn. He picked up his big bag that was laid on the floor and went away without hesitation.

That day taught me how painful the parting was.  (2002)                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment