Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Father, the Generous Person in My Family - written by Joon






I think the most generous person in my family is my father. The word "generosity" means "self-sacrifice." In that way, my father is so generous.

First of all, he earns the money for my family. He goes to his office early every morning and comes back late for my family's livelihood and better future.

Second, the idea of moving to America came from him. He always wanted to my sister Han Na and me to be a decent person. He brought us to America for my sister's and my better education even though he can't avoid his laborious works, so I am always thankful for my father's decision to move to America. I think I have to study harder to be satisfied with my father's expectation.

Last, he makes an effort to spend more time with my family in spite of his tiredness. He tries to go to somewhere with us , to play with us, and to always be with us.

I think my father is the most generous person in my family. I want to be a good father to my children as my father was to me.  (feb., 2003. Joon was in 7th grade)

*** When this story was written, it was 20 months since we moved to America from Korea. 




"Father" - Sung by Kyung-ho Kim
 
 

2 comments:

  1. My dearly beloved son, Joon!
    You really respected your father, didn't you? Your father and I are proud of you and Han Na. Both of you have given us so much strength. We love you all and always will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At that time, I didn't have any trouble to find out mistakes from my children's essays, but now I deeply realize my ability is not enough. Yes... their ability to write is far beyond my capacity.

    ReplyDelete