Sunday, February 9, 2014

INSTITUTE OF CHILDREN'S LITERATURE




The Institute of Children's Literature has offered the writing course, books, and newsletter to adults interested in learning how to write and be published for children and teens. The hallmark of their course is one-on-one personalized instruction from an impressive faculty of active professional writers and experienced editors. Instruction is conveniently available everywhere via the traditional home study method-with lessons exchanged either through the mail or via the Internet. Therefore, I could have taken "Writing for Children and Teenagers" for 18 months without any problem.

From memory, that course has been a lot of struggle for me. When I took that course, I had been in the U.S. just 5 years. But most of students were born and raised speaking English. How dare I took on the challenge of a writing course: writing for publication, not just to improve my English!I had two jobs to do every lesson: work on my English, but also learn ablut all rules of fiction and nonfiction. I was being too hard on myself.

Finally I completed that course and graduated. I got a dream certification. I admired myself; my perseverance and discipline and determination, and all that hard work has paid off. I have submitted some of my stories, but rejected by publisher. After that I didn't do that again. But my dream of becoming a professional writer is continuing at the back of my mind until now.






 
 
I am going to post some stories that I had completed at Institute under the Label "Institute of Children's Literature."  (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment